Jobs home > Facilities Team Leader (Chargeman BO)
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Purpose of the job
- Support the Facilities Manager and the team on day to day operations by taking care of the property(s) assigned to the Store, and help ensure that the store has the proper comprehensive services systems and teams (contracted & co-working) in place to delivery results, and keep the properties, buildings and supporting infrastructure in safe, working order, available and ready to open for business.- in order to strengthen IKEA's position as the best home furnishing specialist in our local market.
Responsibilities of the job
- Define and explain goals, work assignments and in a timely manner, provide information about plans and results and ensure that the part the team plays in overall strategy is understood.
- Co-ordinate and supervise work performed by outside contractors for maintenance as per IKEA policy, supervise the works of contractors in compliance with their PPM, in house rules, safety and emergency procedures, ensure that the services and assets are being delivered and maintained to the expectations.
- Monitor FM contracts for compliance, while ensuring they comply with their scope of works, delivering best products & services at minimum expense.
- Ensure that the buildings and property are compliant to statutory legal requirements and that IKEA's rules and regulations are adhered to. Perform periodical quality control inspections to ensure adherence to company specifications and standards.
- As a Chargeman BO responsible to Conduct daily/weekly service audit (M&E) with the clients and subordinate (Specialist) and to attend and respond immediately to any emergency fault or critical breakdown in the building even during off days/public holidays.
- Monitor any maintenance and or service works carried out by contracted service contractors on regular basis and is responsible for HT and LV check-up and any issue regards to electrical supply to the building and ensure that the property achieves optimum performance and efficiency.
- Possessed Certificates of Competency as a Chargeman under Categories A4/BO.
- Having Property, Technical or Engineering Degree or Diploma or relevant trade experience in Property and Facilities Management.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in facilities management/maintenance management/building operations maintenance, Hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities management with Project Management Experience.
- Member of IWFM, IFMA, IAM, RICS or local Property/FM Industry Institution would be an advantage.
- Well versed in all local laws & regulations governing property maintenance, building management, statutory compliance and certifications and licenses.
- Have a strong service ethic. Pro-active, can do attitude and problem solving skills are preferred where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
- Having interest in Home Furnishing and the retail industry.
- Able to work on weekends and Public Holidays.
- Able to work on shifts, as well as overnight shift.
Please apply by 15 September 2022
You are invited to this Life at Home Journey with IKEA, click here to begin Life at Home Journey With IKEA Your job application will be prioritized when your complete Life at Home journey with IKEA.
Read more about