Why we will love you
Representing the IKEA brand is the start of creating a space that our customers will love to live in. Whether meeting in the customer’s home, or on the IKEA sales floor, discussing the benefits of IKEA Products installed by IKEA Home Services technicians and installers provides the customer confidence in the products and services offered by IKEA.
What you'll be doing day to day
Assemblers are a key component of delivering a quality IKEA Home Services experience. The Assembler serves as an introductory position to the carpentry profession, assisting an Installer in Product assembly and installation at a customer site. Assemblers and Installers partner in the creation of a customer's dream solution in the customer's home through a respectful approach, delivering a positive IKEA experience.
• Assembles all products according to written and verbal directions and assists installation team with building IKEA products ensuring they are ready for installation.
• Follows installation procedures and guidelines consistent with IKEA standards.
• Inventories and inspects all IKEA products received. Records and reports any damaged or defective items, missing items, and/or surplus items.
• Assists installation technician with the physical installation of IKEA products.
• Ensures that job site is maintained in an organized, safe, and orderly fashion.
• Understands plans and determines if client needs additional pieces to complete the job
Together as a team
We are meeting our customers at the home to ensure their vision becomes our vision. Connecting with our customers allows for us to take exact measurements and embolden their vision. This allows for the customer’s creativity to shine through while supporting that vision with IKEA products.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Hourly
BENEFITS ELIGBILE: Yes
Salary Range: $20.20 - $25.96 per hour
IKEA offers competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx, dental, vision, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more!
• HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
• 1 year of Vocational Tech education, wood shop class experience, or other informal training is strongly preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license, current auto insurance and reliable transportation
• Be able to lift 50lbs or more frequently (over 46% of the day)
• Travel is required for this role. Travel time is 4-5 days per week on average