Welcome to Category Area Wood, the home of five wood related categories. With about 300 co-workers and 200 suppliers across the world, we create a strong wood supply chain for more sustainable and affordable IKEA products for the many.
Wood is an essential material and important part of the IKEA heritage. We can proudly say that around 60% of our sales in IKEA are connected to wood-based products. In Category Area Wood, we procure and source wood-based articles that our many customers enjoy amongst which are iconic IKEA families such as BILLY, PAX, IVAR, KALLAX, POÄNG and our kitchen ranges.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and based on trust. We have the space to lead, explore and learn from mistakes.
Are you ready to be part of a journey towards affordable sustainability for our customers?
Do you want to lead, inspire and empower a team responsible for developing one of IKEA’s most important businesses? We are looking for a Business Development Manager to our Foil on board team in Moscow that will be part of developing the future of Wood furniture in IKEA. As a BDM you are part of securing business goals and developing people as well as co-creating the Category strategy as a member of the management team. In this role, you will:
· Lead a team of 14 people with diverse backgrounds; inspire, empower and support the team and co-workers to perform to the best of their abilities and continuously develop in their assignments
· Develop our high performing and diverse supplier base to meet the needs of the many people today and in the future
· Set business direction with clear Action Plans to improve, develop business and supplier performance
· Lead in the way that IKEA culture and values are an everyday reality. Acts as role model for collaboration, togetherness and change management, as well as Fact-based Business leadership
· Always act as One IKEA along all our core processes together with relevant functions and people
· Optimise end to end value chain creating better products and services at lower total costs to reach more of the many customers
· Responsible to implement and secure compliance to relevant working methods and industry regulations
· Responsible to establish cost budget and continuously secure that resources are used in an optimal way to support business goals
As part of the Category Management Team, actively contribute to the development of the Category Plans and future strategy
We are looking for a business-minded connector who gets energy by developing business through people. We believe that you have:
· Previous experience in developing Business on an operational, tactical & strategic level
· Previous experience in leading a team as direct manager
· Ability to build strong partnership with both internal and external stakeholders
· Strong negotiation and communication skills
· Change enabler, willing to find better ways and challenging status quo
· Positive mind-set
Believe in and living IKEA values
The recruitment will take place continuously so please send in your application in English as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about recruitment process, please contact Nataliya Nazarova firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!