Jobs home > Business Navigation & Operations Manager IKEA Oceania
IKEA's vision is to create a better everyday life for the majority of people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home products at such low prices that as many people as possible have access to them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
What is the purpose of this job?
Use the knowledge of IKEA and our local market to work together with the management group and my team, in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way. Steer the store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives. Be a proactive business partner in strategic and operational development, closely connected to the business and contributing to improved customer experience.
What are the main responsibilities of this job?
- Lead the store Business Plan process together with the store manager and management team and proactively working with local market data to understand people’s life at home and our customers experience in our different touch points to provide relevant insight.
- Drive and coordinate the financial business planning process and secure that the financial dimensions are aligned with the store challenges and priorities while involving and creating commitment among stakeholders when setting goals.
- Together with the commercial team identify commercial opportunities and promote the use of business case thinking when evaluating and acting on these.
- Having the full understanding of the Profit & Loss for the store and steer actions to provide a store in shape as new, reducing costs and considering all impact on the P&L. Follow up the result and create forecasts and (if needed) activate scenario plans.
- Optimise and develop the store results and performance continuously by implementing best practices, using close the gap to identify opportunities and follow-up benchmarks KPIs.
- Provide relevant, user-friendly business information, promoting standardised reporting and securing competence in the organisation to allow for analysis and understanding of performance to make optimal business decisions.
- Secure that all investments are done with a proper analysis or business ROI considering all aspect of the different projects.
- Lead and develop leaders and teams in the areas of responsibility of the BNO function. Identify and develop talents and secure succession planning.
- Provide a safe, secure and compliant environment for our customers, suppliers and co-workers. Secure implementation of relevant rules and guidelines in the areas of Risk and compliance, cash administration routines, accounting rules etc.
- Secure purchasing in the store is made according to the principles defined in the Procurement Policy and IWAY (if applicable).
- Property and maintenance - ensuring the store is in shape as new by managing maintenance and property. I secure that our investments minimise the environmental impact and that consumptions (like energy, gas, water etc.) are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with my team and the store colleagues to understand how, together, we can contribute to sustainability.
- I am seen by co-workers in all functions as an approachable, trustworthy and knowledgeable speaking partner who leads by example and taking a multidimensional approach to steering the business.
- Educate and empower all co-workers and external service providers on all aspects of the Ikano Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption & Bribery Policy, operational procedures and local legislation relating but not limited to health, safety and security and the environment, cultivating a culture of transparency and ethical conduct.
- Act as a responsible partner internally and externally, committed to creating a positive impact on people and planet by taking relevant actions that contribute toward our long-term sustainability objectives.
What are the requirements of the job?
- Leading business through people
- Steer the business towards long term growth and profitability
- Constantly look for more effective ways of working
- Hungry for knowledge and want to increase skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and personal grow
- Interest in home furnishing and understanding of IKEA values and what it means for people´s everyday life at home
- Degree in Business/Finance/Economics or related field
- Internal control demands
- Administrative risks analysis
- Retail processes, working methods and tools
- Business administration
- Staff cost and scheduling management
- Financial Statement analysis and review
- Local laws in relation to finance, safety, security and risk
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strategic business partner, with analytical skills able to translate business needs into financial consequences and solutions
- Good communication skills with ability to influence and create energy and commitment within the organisation
- Strong sense of urgency and result orientation
- Ability to recognise outside trends relevant for your local market and translate them into business opportunities
- Change management
- High fluency in english language
This position is based in Mexico City (Oceanía) and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here!
Send your resume in english.