Jobs home > Store Manager
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
I am overall responsible for developing IKEA in the local store market, where the IKEA Store is one of my means to do this – it is not just about running and operating the IKEA Store. I build, lead and develop IKEA and The IKEA store in my local market in accordance with the
IKEA vision, IKEA business idea and the IKEA Human Resources Idea to secure the short, medium and longterm growth, and profitability of our business. I do this by leading and inspiring my team to create and implement a store business plan that combines our
national priorities with the local needs, thereby communicating a coherent and consistent message to our customers and local market consumers. My aim is to:
• grow our market share by making my IKEA store more accessible to the many people and encouraging existing customers to shop more frequently over time and new consumers to become regular customers. An excellent shopping experience is always top of mind.
• secure a competent and highly performing team and to attract develop and inspire our co-workers in order to position the IKEA retailer as the best employer in our local market.
• I broaden our customer base, by positioning the IKEA retailer as the leader in life at home in my local market. I do this through securing a consistent implementation of the IKEA Concept and showing the depth and breadth of the IKEA range through relevant, affordable, functional, inspiring and sustainable home furnishing solutions.
• I take the IKEA national business plan and ensure our store plan is aligned to this while meeting our local consumer needs. Our aim is to communicate a consistent message to our consumers and sell the benefits and uniqueness of the IKEA idea, attracting consumers to our stores, and supporting the conversion of visitors into loyal, long-term IKEA customers.
I lead, manage and inspire my team to grow our business with sustained long-term profitability. I do this by:
- working with my management team to ensure we identify and capitalise on business opportunities in our local market in order to grow our market share. I do this in line with our commitment to creating a sustainable life at home and being a good neighbour.
- securing the co-ordination of the store business plan process. I lead and inspire my team to work together to ensure that the store is steered towards common IKEA directions and objectives and that we identify and capture local potentials and opportunities. I secure the implementation of this plan and lead the follow-up and analysis of results. We use these insights to influence and guide our future plans.
- Understanding our local market demographics, the economy, our competitors, consumers’ living situations and shopping behaviours. I use this knowledge to adapt costs and resources in order to meet our agreed financial goals, while growing our long-term profitability.
- improve our operational efficiency, which will benefit our customers and our business. I use benchmarking and best practice to achieve this.
- securing that we invest in projects that give a good return on investment. I do this by working with the country retail manager and my service office colleagues. We analyse the benefits and costs of proposed investments to ensure we effectively prioritise our investment plans in line with country priorities.
- ensuring we comply with our local and national legislative obligations.
- I ensure our store business plan supports the country business plan and focuses on our global commercial priorities.
- I set key performance indicators (KPIs) for my team based on the achievement of our country goals in the team’s specialist areas.
- I constantly monitor our performance against IKEA objectives and agreed goals. I adapt and take action accordingly to achieve them.
- I evaluate the return on investment of any store initiatives to ensure value for money and the achievement of our stated objectives.
- I ensure all store initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability.
- I control costs by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using good examples and encouraging my team and my colleagues to discover even more effective ways of working.
- I secure that purchasing is made according to the principles defined in the Purchase Policy:
- Operational participation in procurement projects
- Compliance of Retail Purchase Toolkit (if applicable), IWAY and signed agreements
- Experience of working in a commercial role in the IKEA organisation, including previous IKEA store experience in a management role.
- Well-developed analytical and numerical skills.
- An ambassador for the IKEA Brand who works in a way that reflects the IKEA values.
- Proven ability to use commercial competence to capitalise on short- and long-term business opportunities.
- Proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets and goals, and working on plans over several years.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise personal work tasks and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
- A thorough understanding of profit and loss and the key performance measurements used in IKEA stores to plan, follow up and steer the business.
- Proven ability to set expectations and provide clear direction.
- Ability to quickly understand local market conditions and capitalise on opportunities.
- Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for our plans. Ability to inspire others to see possibilities.
- Demonstrates clear communication and coaching skills.
- Experience of adapting to different styles of working to get the best out of all team members (situational leadership).
- Proven ability to confront and manage poor performance.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Ability to stimulate and create healthy competition.
- Computer proficient.
This position is based outside Mexico City and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.