Jobs home > UAE National Customer Service | IKEA | Dubai (Multiple stores)
Job Requisition ID: 136524
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team. You are able to prioritize and plan tasks to reach the targeted results. You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing and how people live at home.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School Graduate
- 2+ years experience in a similar role or Customer Service with Cashiers background
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Team Player
- Excellent English communication skills, Arabic Speaker would be preferred
- Good Leadership & Interpersonal skills
About the position
You are responsible to oversee and provide support on the Info desk, in order to assist customers in a friendly and professional manner.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Follow the SOP pertaining to cash handling, receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Compute and record transactions ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions.
- Count and record the float before trading begins and upon close of trading ensuring accurate cash handling and safe custody of collected cash.
- Greet and welcome customers on arrival at the store and ensure shopping tools and catalogues are available for the customers providing bags / trollies as appropriate to facilitate the shopping journey.
- Ensure that company's customers are well attended to by responding to their needs & working efficiently to minimize queues.
- Ensure that the customers who come to the Returns & Exchange desk perceive the policy as generous and the procedure quick and easy.
- Handle routine customer complaints promptly and courteously, ensuring that customers are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner to guarantee maximum customer satisfaction.
- Greet and welcome customers on arrival at Smaland ensuring the Smaland admission policy is explained in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure the Childs safety is their main priority while they are in Smaland providing a safe environment for children within the area.
- Make announcements and pages the customers (parents) if there is any issue with the children in the playroom area or general announcements to customers when needed.
- Ensure all system procedures are adhered to as per policy / procedure.
- Book IKEA services (Home Delivery, Assembly, Measurement) and follow up on out-of-stock articles in self-serve
- Handle returns and exchange issues based on own judgment, experience and authority given by the management according to which exceptions can be made to retain a customer.
- Use the information from Returns & Exchange desk to detect and act upon or report to the management about a product fault, safety problem or transportation problem
- Brief the Duty Manager on complaints that require management assistance.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly reports of transactions at the returns & Exchange desk to be used for reconciling with the cash till as well as the accounts for the period of the report as well as analyzing trends on sales and profitability and performance of the store.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…