• You have at least 1 years’ work experience in Loss Prevention or a similar field. • You hold a valid provincial security license, are CPR and Basic First Aid certified, too (strongly preferred but not required) • You are detail focused, incredibly approachable, and have a strong sense of responsibility. • You are thorough, clear and timely when completing your investigations and reports. • You are as cool as a cucumber under pressure and can quickly and confidently react in a crisis. • You handle sensitive and confidential investigations with extreme professionalism and integrity • You are totally cool with working in a fast-paced (and sometimes stressful) environment • Your reliability and knowledge make you a “go-to” person for our co-workers who need education and support on Safety and Security issues. • You have a basic knowledge of local/federal laws and court procedures
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
• Ensure that a safe and secure environment is always maintained in our unit and on our property for our customers and our co-workers. • Follow and apply all appropriate IKEA safety and security procedures and ensure all other co-workers do, too. • Respond to all Safety and Security needs promptly and perform First Aid or other emergency/security procedures as required to meet these needs. • Open and close the store as scheduled following IKEA procedures. • Regularly perform all operational and safety audits as required • Conduct assigned Safety and Security investigations and follow-up on all incident reports in a timely manner. • Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as, including supporting your team mates with their responsibilities as needed.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The Loss Prevention team, together, work to protect assets and reduce losses; ensure a safe and secure environment for all co-workers, customers and visitors. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing safety and security.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Safety and Security Co-worker
• This is a part time position with a guarantee of 20-34 hours per week
• Weekends required (Saturday & Sunday) with open availability 7am - 10:30pm
• Weekday hours of work: 7am- 10:30pm
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.