The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Customer Contact Centre Team Leader, this AGENT role is responsible to build and retain a long-lasting relationship with new and existing customers in a multi-channel retail environment by valuing and fulfilling customer needs and expectations, understanding customer motivation and expectations, and ensuring a positive shopping experience that creates trust in the IKEA Brand. Among other tasks, this involves experience in customer handling to ensure the satisfaction of the customers who contact us directly through the contact centre in all media platforms.
- You are passionate about getting a good solution for your customers by identifying the customers’ needs and using your knowledge of the IKEA systems and processes to offer solutions;
- You take ownership for resolving your customer’s individual needs; communicating a realistic timeline for this resolution and keeping them informed as promised;
- You understand the impact of service time responses on the customers’ level of satisfaction and work both individually and with your colleagues to ensure that you match your agreed service levels;
- You have a good knowledge of store operations in order to offer appropriate solutions to the customers, giving advice on add-on sales, thereby encouraging them to buy more;
- You are listening to your customers and anticipating their needs, promoting IKEA products and services in order to improve their home-to-home shopping experience;
- You actively seek feedback and give feedback constructively to your colleagues in order to improve the shopping experience of all customers;
- You will be providing support and assistance to IKEA Philippines customers and ensuring best customer experience with IKEA tone of voice.
- You are available to help and support co-workers in your own department and other areas of the contact centre when your manager needs me to do so;
- You ensure our contact centre is a safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and co-workers;
- You take a keen interest in the performance of IKEA and keep yourself informed about results and look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs.
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing support role, preferably in a customer support function or a call centre;
- You have a good knowledge of how the Customer Contact Centre acts as the main support channel for the customers before, during, and after they have made purchases;
- You are passionate about growing business, and people together using the experience and skills of our people in the best way;
- You are able to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity;
- You have experienced a good knowledge in handling customer complaints or crisis and are able to create a win-win scenario solution;
- You demonstrate a courteous, professional, and friendly manner on the telephone;
- You are self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- You have the ability to communicate confidently and clearly (both spoken and written), in English;
- You are familiar and comfortable in using a computer.
Please apply by 31 March 2023