The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The IT Systems Engineer supports IT systems, service requests and operations including business users, IT hardware (servers, network, POS and desktops), applications systems and operations.
To work closely with store co-workers, IT operations team and vendors to ensure high IT system availability, stability, user support targets are achieved to support store activities and operations
The System Engineer is responsible to:
Perform day-to-day IT operations and user support activities in the store ensuring that IT systems and support processes work in a reliable and secure manner
Investigate, close and communicate with IT users on their support and service requests with resolution, work-around and escalation
Monitor system availability, stability and performance and check system logs and scheduled jobs to prevent outages on proactive basis
Perform IT support according to IT policies, standards and SOPs
Support IT audit, compliance and security reviews & assessments
Support implementation of local IT project activities within planned scope, schedule and budgets
Support super users in testing, implementation and upgrade of IT systems
Carry out system security patches and anti-virus updates
Perform installation, configuration, trouble shooting and support for the store POS, desktops, tablets and user devices
Monitor IT hardware, software, license and subscription compliance through physical checks and tools (Service Desk and SCCM).
Coordinate on-site work with authorised vendors during rebuild, relocations or repairs.
Support contract renewal of IT hardware, software licenses, subscription & services procurement with due diligence and cost effectiveness
Perform user training and system documentation
Support system recovery procedures to ensure effective and timely recovery of business data & IT services in the event of a disaster.
· A diploma in IT Professional disciplines (Computer / Information Technology)
· Minimum 3 years of experience in IT support role
· Practical knowledge to support super users and support system testing
· Practical experience in IT support including Service Desk, System monitoring, Backup & restore, Patching & Malware protection
· IT Support experience of IT systems in retail environment (Microsoft Navision, LS Retail POS, CRM, SQL Database)
· Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, network and security technologies (Windows Servers, Active Directory, Azure, VMWARE, Citrix, EMC Storage, CISCO, Firewall, SCCM)
· Practical knowledge to support super users and system testing
· Familiar with retail business processes
· Install and configure computer hardware operating systems, networks and applications
· Maintain, monitor and support computer systems and networks
· Resolve support issues and service requests in a structured and timely manner
· Excellent team work and establish good working relationship with users and service providers
· Customer service mind-set, process improvement orientation
· Problem solving, prioritization and manage many open support issues at one time
· Good communication with proficiency in English
This position is based in Puebla and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market.
You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Puebla. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here!