Jobs home > IKEA Tampines - Market Communication Specialist
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Local Marketing and Communication Manager, you will support and coordinate the local marketing and communication efforts in the main market area (MMA). You shall provide communication expertise to help drive positive perception of the IKEA brand among co-workers and corporate stakeholders in the Singapore stores. Your specialist skills supports our business in achieving its aspiration to be a great place to work, delivering sustainable growth and a fantastic customer experience.
- Support the implementation of the MMA annual local marketing plan and strategy based on the country commercial priorities.
- Coordinate, delegate and evaluate all local marketing activities in the stores to drive engagements for co-workers, customers and community
- Support on execution of store PR events, media launches and interviews and media engagement activities. Work closely with matrix partners in Service Office to align on eternal communication when required.
- Ensure up-to-date information regarding the store in IRW and local store page by working closely with the E-commerce team to secure implementation of the updates.
- Working with your manager/store leadership, you outline internal communication strategy, activities and content calendars aligned to commercial and business agendas.
- Being the ambassador to communicate and position IKEA as a company that cares for People and Planet with sustainability actions that supports the local community.
- Develop internal communication contents and engagement activities that supports the business in IKEA tone of voice. Supports engagement through huddles, kick-off events, workshops, huddle notes and all-staff memos.
- Support in Crisis Management and Local Marketing initiatives as needed.
- Help drive key messages and communication that inspires co-workers, clarify business goals and deepen understanding of our IKEA values and strengthen performance and productivity.
- Responsible for overall management of the Stores’ internal communication channels, including digital signage, notice boards, Yammer, IKANO One Intranet and Store content. Work with matrix in Service Office Corporate Communication Team. Own the channels and collaborate with other stakeholders to motivate participation and secure best practices.
- Passion for IKEA Brand, home furnishing and people’s life at home.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in a strategic communication, media and marketing management role, preferably in a customer-focused service/retail industry.
- Experience of creating and implementing strategic plans, setting budget and following up goals on local market information.
- Demonstrate strong experiences in effective, efficient use and measurement of all medias
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to create and present communication insights that are clear, focused and practical.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of the team as well as independently.
- Ability to think out of the box with strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Able to commit shift work, weekends and public holidays.
- Able to operate across the 3 Singapore stores (Tampines / Alexandra / Jurong)
Please apply by 31 May 2021