The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To support our long-term Finance strategy, the job holder is to ensure accurate and timely work practices in processing of invoices from local / foreign suppliers, disbursement of staff and travel claims.
- Receive, verify & post invoices from local/foreign suppliers to ensure correctness and completeness of supporting documents. e.g. tax invoice, receipt, purchase order.
- Assign account code and business dimension for each invoice and post into MVBC.
- Prepare payment for local/foreign suppliers.
- Email payment remittance to suppliers.
- Prepare vendor aging report and follow up on the long outstanding invoices.
- Accounting Schedule / GL Reconciliations in respect of Purchase and Vendor
- Updating payment amount in cashflow file.
- Liaise with internal/ external auditor in payable area.
- Support assistant accounting manager/ accounting manager when needed.
- Support the AP team when needed.
- Accounting documents archiving.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3 years working experience on Accounts Payable role.
- Possess tax knowledge especially GST/VAT and WHT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics MVBC will be an advantage.
- Exposure in retail industry will be an advantage.
Please apply by 11 October 2022.