Thanks for connecting!
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s a big job, and one we at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. take seriously.
Who are the many people? You are! Whether you’re an IKEA customer, co-worker or business partner, the IKEA vision is all about you.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably curious to know what information we collect about you and how we use it. The IKEA Job Portal website processes mainly technical data on website use. However, we cannot rule out the possibility that this technical data might also include data on website users themselves, and as a consequence your personal information may be processed.
Only those interested in a job who click on "apply for job" will be connected to the recruitment page of the associated IKEA organization, where personal (non-technical) information may be processed. It’s explained there what information will be processed should you choose to submit your application.
1. How we respect your privacy
Our approach at Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is to be as open and transparent as possible about how we collect and use your information.
First, we let you know exactly what information we collect and why. You can read all about that in the next section.
Second, we let you know what we do with your information. Who do we share it with? What do they do with it? You can read about that in section 3.
Third, we protect your information and let you know how long we keep it. Read about that in sections 4 and 5.
Finally, we let you know your options when it comes to your personal information, including who to contact if you have questions or requests. Read about that in sections 6 and 7.
2. What information we collect and why
We want to make your IKEA experience great! To do that we collect several types of information about you.
If you are using a mobile device or browsing our website, we place cookies on your device and collect data. We may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other mobile device information. In addition, we may process the total time you spend on our website, the time you spend on each page and the order you view pages, which internal links were clicked, the geographic location of the device, screen size, whether Flash or Java is installed and the referring site.
We use that information to enhance your browsing experience as follows:
- We’re able to recognize you and apply your preferred settings.
- We’re able to give you a browsing experience that is unique to you and provide you content that we believe improves your site experience.
- We can analyze how you use our site, which helps us troubleshoot any problems that occur and monitor our own performance.
- We may use your cookie data for our own internal business purposes, including to enhance our site, improve our services and products and identify usage trends.
- We may also use your cookie data to monitor the use of our website and make sure that it is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options (such as language).
We do not use your personal data to present ads on our website, nor do we provide it to third parties. We process this personal data solely because it is necessary for our legitimate interest to provide a personalized and well-functioning website. You can opt-out of cookies by managing your cookie preferences [here].
We use the following types of cookies:
|viewedJobs||Contains the Job ID and Client ID of the job a user viewed. Used for the Recently Viewed Jobs Module.||Strictly Necessary||Yes||30 days|
|searchFormCookie||Used for storing the last location the user selected to search.||Functional cookies||No||30 days|
|isMobile||Contains a True or False value to indicate if the browser is a mobile web browser.||Strictly Necessary||No||End of Session|
3. Who we share your information with
We do not sell or trade your information with third parties, but we share with others who help us achieve the IKEA vision. In order to provide the website, we share your information with authorized IKEA service providers. In hosting and maintaining the website, providing website metrics as well as other supporting services, we make use of service providers in Europe and the United States.
4. How we keep your personal information safe
We protect your information from all kinds of threats: destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We do this in a variety of ways depending on where we store and use it.
We are a part of a global group of companies, and we have service providers and business partners in many parts of the world. In some cases, we might have to transfer your information to one of these companies located outside the European Economic Area. We do our best to keep your information safe in these cases. But technology, especially social media, can make that challenging. In situations where your information will end up outside our control we always ask your consent first.
In addition, we rely on so-called adequacy decisions from the EU. This means the EU believes a country’s own laws or agreements provide adequate protection for your personal data. For example, we may want to store your information in the United States. In this case, we rely on the Privacy Shield Network, an agreement between the EU and US governments to protect information.
Some countries are deemed not to have adequate data privacy protections. If we share information with a company in such a country, we often sign EU Model Clauses with the recipient. These are legal texts provided by the EU Commission.
5. How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal information no longer than 14 months after we collect it.
6. Your privacy rights
You have many rights regarding your personal information. Read about them below. If you would like to exercise these rights or learn more, feel free to contact us! Our contact information is provided at the end of this statement. Please note that some of the rights may not be applicable to your situation.
- Right of access
- You have the right to know what personal information we process and why. That’s why we provide this statement to inform you in advance about our processing activities. If you have any questions, or you would like to learn more about what information we process from you, you are always welcome to contact us and we will provide you with additional details.
- Right to rectification
- If you believe the information we have about you is incorrect (name, address etc.), you can ask us to correct it.
- Right to deletion / right to be forgotten
- You have the right to tell us to permanently delete your personal information from our records. You can do this, for example, if you believe there’s no longer any need for us to keep it. Or you can withdraw any permission you previously granted us.
- Right to restrict processing activities
- You have the right to restrict our processing activities in certain situations. This means we will continue to store your information, but we’ll temporarily stop any other processing. One reason why you might want to do this is if you’ve asked us to fix incorrect information. In that case, you may want us to stop processing until the information has been corrected.
- Right to data portability
- In certain situations you have the right to ask us to send your personal information in digital form to you, so that you can forward it to someone else.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information, even when we have a legitimate legal reason for processing it. You can do this when we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, but you believe that your personal interest outweighs ours. If you do not want us using your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, we will comply.
- Right to withdraw consent
- If we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- If you aren’t satisfied with the way we are handling your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint about us with a national supervisory authority.
7. Who to contact?
If you have questions about our privacy statement or practices, please feel free to get in touch. You can contact us at:
Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Olof Palmestraat 1
2616 LN Delft
or by email to